EQUIFAX Cyber Security Breach Update
Since last week’s announcement from EQUIFAX regarding their cyber-security incident affecting 143 U.S. customers, many of our members have called expressing concern about the impact the breach may have had on their own personal information.
EQUIFAX has launched a website – http://www.equifaxsecurity2017.com – where you can check whether or not you have been compromised by the cyber-security breach.
Here are a few tips on how ACU of Texas can help protect you and your family’s finances and personal information from cyber criminals:
- Members enrolled in Benefits Plus have access to Consumer Protection Services that include fraud alerts, credit reports and identity theft restoration services. Not enrolled in Benefits Plus? Discover all you’re entitled to, benefits plus perks.
- Monitor your finances. Members registered for Online Banking have access toFree Credit Monitoring, which gives users the freedom and flexibility to view their financial status day and night.
- Become Empowered. Our Financial Empowerment program can help you build or maintain your financial stability by arming you with the tools and knowledge you need to make financial decisions. Complete the short Financial Empowerment form and one of our Financial Empowerment Specialists will contact you shortly.
- As a precaution, change your passwords and PINs. Update your login passwords for Online Banking, credit card accounts and any other type of account that contains information about your email, phone and identity.
- Visit the Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) website to learn about identity theft, and the steps you can take to help protect yourself from identity theft.