We are pleased to inform you that your savings in this credit union are now protected up to $500,000 - the highest level of combined federal/private savings insurance available. This coverage has become available through the addition of excess coverage from the Excess Share Insurance Corporation (ESI).
ESI now provides $250,000 in coverage on top of the federal government's $250,000. And because Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) are insured separately, they are now protected up to $500,000 as well. So, by maintaining your non-retirement savings and your IRA at the credit union, you may now have a combined savings insurance of $1,000,000.
ESI is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Share Insurance (ASI), the nation's largest private deposit insurer, and insures only credit unions meeting its high standards.
Facts about Excess Share Insurance
Excess Share Insurance Corporation (ESI) provides savings accounts in this credit union an additional $250,000 of insurance per member beyond the federal coverage limit of $250,000. But who, exactly, is ESI? We're glad you asked! ESI is...
- A licensed property and casualty insurer
- A wholly owned subsidiary of American Share Insurance (ASI), the nation's largest private deposit insurer
- An innovator in the industry, conducting monthly monitoring and periodic on-site examinations of insured credit unions
- An insurer solely of credit unions, with policyholders from coast to coast
- A corporation committed to safety and soundness, evidenced by an outstanding historical performance - no member of an ESI-insured credit union has ever lost a cent of their savings
We are proud to offer this exceptional coverage through ESI and would be happy to answer your questions about excess share insurance.