PRIVACY NOTICE DISCLOSURE
If after reading this notice you have questions, please contact us at (409) 945-4474 or write to:
Member Service Department
Associated Credit Union of Texas
P.O. Box 9004
League City, TX 77574
Information We Collect About You We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms
- Information about your transactions with us
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms; this may be obtained from your current or past employers, or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, as permitted by law.
Parties Who Receive Information From Us
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of third parties: - Financial service providers, such as insurance companies, and securities broker-dealers.
- Non-financial companies, such as consumer reporting agencies, data processors, check/share draft printers, financial statement publishers/printers, plastic card processors, and government agencies.
Disclosure of Information to Parties That Provide Services to Us
In order for us to conduct the business of the credit union, we may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements, to other companies that perform marketing services on our behalf, or to nonaffiliated third parties for the purposes of processing and servicing transactions that you request or authorize, so that we may provide members competitive products and services. We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you under circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union, follow your instructions as you authorize, or protect the security of our financial records. 16 To protect our members' privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell the information we provide to other third parties.
Disclosure of Information About Former Members
If you terminate your membership with Associated Credit Union of Texas, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as may be permitted or required by law.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, or procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
What Members Can Do to Help
Associated Credit Union of Texas is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Members can help by following these simple guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, plastic card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers) or passwords. Never keep your PIN with your card, which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc. to other persons. If someone calls you explaining the call is on behalf of the credit union and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official credit union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep your information with us current. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately.
Let us know if you have questions. Please do not hesitate to call us -- we are here to serve you! This credit union is incorporated under the laws of the State of Texas and under state law is subject to regulatory oversight by the Texas Credit Union Department. Any member wishing to file a complaint against the credit union should contact the Texas Credit Union Department through one of the means indicated below:
In person or by U.S. Mail:
914 East Anderson Lane, Austin, Texas 78752-1699
Telephone Number: (512) 837-9236
Fax Number: (512) 832-0278
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, ACUTX employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. Computer software programs are used to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas. No personal information, such as your name or address, is collected or used for this analysis. We collect no information, which would identify you personally.
We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain (for example, "xcompany.com" if you use a private Internet access account, or "yourschool.edu" if you connect from a university's domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our web site.
- The date and time you access our site.
- The pages you visit and the result of the request, such as an image or query.
- Other status codes and values resulting from the Web server responding to the request received: HTTP status code, Windows NT code, number of bytes sent, number of bytes received, duration (in seconds) to fulfill the request, server port number addressed, and protocol version.
To provide better service and a more effective web site, we use "cookies" as part of our interaction with your browser. A "cookie" is a small text file placed on your hard drive by our web page server. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to determine who you are or your e-mail address.
Information Collected from E-mails and Web Forms
When you send us personally identifying information, for example, in an electronic mail message containing a question or comment or by filling out a form that E-mails us this information, we use this information to fulfill or respond to your requests. We may store these requests to provide us with information for future improvements to our Web site. We do not create individual profiles with the information you provide. ACUTX does not disclose nonpublic information to third parties except as permitted by law.
A Private Note to Our Members:
Our credit union is committed to making available financial products and services that will enable you to meet your financial needs and reach your financial goals. Protecting personal information and using it in a manner consistent with your expectations is a high priority for everyone associated with our credit union.
As a member of our credit union, you also have a responsibility to safeguard your financial information.
- Our credit union will collect only the personal information that is necessary to conduct our business. That means just what is necessary to provide competitive financial products and services -- no more.
- Our credit union will protect your personal information. Our credit union will maintain strong security controls to ensure that member information in our files and computers is protected. Where appropriate, we will use security coding techniques to protect against unauthorized access to personal records, ensure accuracy and integrity of communications and transactions, and protect member confidentiality.
- You will always have access to your information. As a member of our credit union, you as will always have the opportunity to review your information and make necessary changes to ensure that our records are complete and accurate.
- Our credit union will only share information when absolutely necessary. We will only share information to administer the products and services we provide, when required to do so by the government, or when we partner with other businesses to offer a broader array of products and services. ACUTX does not disclose nonpublic information to third parties except as permitted by law.
- Our credit union will partner only with businesses that follow strict confidentiality requirements. The businesses we select will offer products designed to enhance our members' economic well-being. Under no circumstances will we authorize these firms to charge your account without your express consent, and we will not sell member information to telemarketing firms.